Help Control Candida with the MyFoodMyHealth Meal Planner and Recipes for Candida
Help control the overgrowth of candida by following the MyFoodMyHealth diet for candida. Sign up for MyFoodMyHealth and for as little as $7.50 per month, you'll get:
- Unlimited access to 100's of delicious, fast, and easy recipes created by our chefs
- Personalized weekly meal planner tailored for candida, plus other health conditions, allergies, and food dislikes
- All recipes include a nutritional value table
- You can substitute and add additional recipes, such as side dishes, desserts and snacks
- Time-saving weekly shopping lists, pantry basics, and online shopping resources
- Expert information on food and nutrition for candida, plus other health conditions and allergies
- Exclusive online access to cooking, nutrition and health tips, videos, articles, and more...
Get Dietary Support for Candida with the Delicious MyFoodMyHealth Candida Diet
For less than the cost of one cookbook you'll gain immediate access to our meal planner, candida diet recipes, shopping lists, and more... Sign up today for a subscription to MyFoodMyHealth or view a Free Demo of the MyFoodMyHealth meal planner today.
Learn More about the MyFoodMyHealth Diet for Candida (Candidiasis)
MyFoodMyHealth Sample Meal Planner
The Easy Way to Follow a Diet for Candida
We know your life is busy. Our convenient, online meal planner makes it fast and easy for you to prepare healthy meals for candida. It's filled with nutritious recipes so delicious and satisfying even the pickiest eaters will enjoy following a diet for candida.
You can even add other health conditions and food allergies so you can prepare delicious food that meets the dietary needs of your whole family.
Back to Top >>
Easily Support Multiple Health Conditions & Food Allergies with MyFoodMyHealth Meal Planner
Are you cooking for yourself and have multiple health conditions or food allergies? Or do you have a daughter with asthma, a spouse with diabetes and a son who hates broccoli and has a peanut allergy? No worries. Unlike other systems, MyFoodMyHealth takes everyone into account, whether you're cooking for one, two, or the whole family.
To start cooking delicious meals that meet everyone's health needs, simply set up your profile to include the health conditions, food allergies or food dislikes for you and your family members. The Meal Planner automatically generates meal plans and recipes that meet everyone's health needs. It's that easy!
Back to Top >>
What to Expect in Your MyFoodMyHealth Meal Planner for Candida
Please Note: The MyFoodMyHealth Diet for Candida does NOT remove dairy from the diet. Some individuals with candida may need to eliminate dairy from their diet to manage their symptoms. Consult your physician or nutritionist to determine if you need to remove dairy from your diet. You can remove dairy from your meal planner by updating your profile to exclude dairy products.
Delicious Herbs for Candida
Foods Stressed in the MyFoodMyHealth Diet for Candida
- Plant protein
- Animal protein
- Blackberries and blueberries
- Granny Smith Apples
Foods Excluded or Limited in the MyFoodMyHealth Diet for Candida
- Aged cheese
- Anything fermented (Soy, Tofu)
- Vinegar (you CAN use Apple Cider Vinegar & Umeboshi, though)
- Tropical Fruits
- Sweet Potatoes
- Nut butters
- Raisins (Dried Fruit)
Delicious Foods to Eat if You Have Candida....and Avoid
While your meal planner will exclude the ingredients listed above, below are some additional notes about what to consider when eating for Candida. These are important to note when you are snacking or making your own recipes.
Foods to Avoid or Restrict if You Have Candida
- Sugars, fruits, refined or processed grains, and milk (milk sugar can trigger yeast proliferation)
- All vinegars and the products containing vinegar. This includes white vinegar, red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, and balsamic vinegar, and any food made with vinegar, such as mayonnaise, commercial salad dressing, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, BBQ sauce, shrimp sauce, soy sauce, mustard, pickles, pickled vegetables, green olives, relishes, horseradish, mincemeat, and chili sauce. It is possible to use raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Coffee, spices, sprouts, condiments, seeds, and nuts should be used cautiously. They can grow mold quickly.
Other Delicious Foods to Eat Which Limit the Overgrowth of Candida
With the variety of flavors found in these foods, you won't even miss the over-processed and high-sugar foods you ate before.
Use strong antifungals including garlic, onions, chives, and leeks. Oregano oil is a strong antifungal. Palm and coconut oil (which contains caprylic acid also called octanoic acid) are also strong antifungals.
- Meats (antibiotic and hormone free)
- Beef (small amounts - 1x/wk)
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Flaxseed (not used for cooking)
- Olive oil (good to cook with)
- Oregano oil (not used for cooking)
- Palm oil (for cooking)
- Sesame oil (not used for cooking)
- Sunflower oil (not used for cooking)
Whole grains (Whole - never refined or processed)
Use only whole grains. Their fiber slows digestion and slows the absorption of the sugars they break down to. This keeps blood glucose levels more even, key to a successful candida diet. Whole grains include:
- Brown rice
*If gluten intolerant stay away from barley, oats, rye and spelt
Nuts and Seeds (Watch for mold.)
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
Vegetables No mushrooms or corn. Exclude potatoes (including sweet potatoes) in the first weeks of a Candida diet. Focus on eating the rainbow.
- All (except mushrooms)
- Moderate potato (1-2 times per week)
- Except fermented soy products (i.e. miso, tempeh)
Fruits (As you begin a removal diet, for the first 3 weeks you should avoid ALL fruits. In the second phase, you may add a Granny Smith apple, grapefruit and some purple berries, but only with extreme moderation - if any of your symptoms return (i.e. bloat, gas) discontinue immediately).
- Apples (Granny Smith - peeled)
- Lemons and limes
Back to Top >>
FREE Sample Recipe for Candida
Lemon/Lime Citrus Baked Halibut by Rebecca Katz
Back to Top >>
General Information on Candida (Candidiasis)
What is Candidiasis?
Candidiasis is a fungal infection commonly referred to as a yeast infection or thrush. It can occur in your mouth, esophagus, intestines, bladder, vagina, or male genitals. It is the result of an overabundance of a microorganism called Candida Albicans, which is naturally present in the human body in small amounts throughout your gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Symptoms of Candidiasis
- Abdominal pain, bloating, and gas
- Diarrhea, constipation and new sensitivities to commonly eaten foods
- Cravings for sugar, bread, and alcohol
- Fatigue, headache, depression, irritability, disorientation, and malaise
- Muscle and joint aches
- Sinusitis and recurrent colds
- Recurrent skin rashes
- Sensitivities to chemicals and perfumes
- Alcohol intolerance
- Increased susceptibility to the side effects of medications
- Symptoms of candidiasis in women: recurrent vaginal yeast infection, cystitis
- Symptoms of candidiasis in men: prostate and bladder infections, jock itch
- Symptoms of candidiasis in children: Frequent eye, ear, nose and throat infection, ADHD, and hyperactivity
Causes of Candidiasis
- Overuse of antibiotics
- Birth control and oral corticosteroids can increase susceptibility
- High-sugar diet
- Weakened immune system
- Hormonal changes from pregnancy
Prevention and Treatment of Candidiasis
- Avoid unnecessary use of medication
- Candida symptoms can be triggered from mold-breeding areas of your home or garden. Candida symptoms can also be triggered by the smoke and fumes from some products. Environment cautions to consider: damp basement, under sink area in the bathroom, old bedding, cleaning products, greenhouse, piles of autumn leaves, old books, piles of "stuff" in the attic or basement, perfume, and tobacco smoke.
Back to Top >>
How MyFoodMyHealth Can Help You Control Candida
Our customized online meal planner uses the healing power of whole foods to help you control candida. It takes into consideration the health conditions of everyone in your household, allowing you to serve wonderful meals that meet everyone's nutritional needs.
MyFoodMyHealth automatically generates a shopping list for you based on your conditions, making shopping easy.
Videos, cooking tips, recipes and an extensive glossary provide "the basics" you need to cook flavorful and nutritious meals.